1999413: 19990412: Costa Rica needs primary and secondary feed sites

If you want to really cut down the amount of data being sent to
Costa Rica, The primarily useful data for them will be:
DDPLUS  ^(S|U).*
HRS     ^H.[I-P].*
MCIDAS  ^LWTOA3 (1[45]|21)'

Since most of the text products/forecasts don't cover their area,
the main interest in DDPLUS is probably surface and upperair observations-
hence ^(S|U). That will obtain all metar/synoptic/ship/buoy surface obs
and upperair reports. Later, they may want to add the Atlantic/carribean
hurricane bulletins if bandwidth allows.

The HRS model grids that would be most useful would be the global AVN
thinned grids that provide 0-72 hours. The may want to add the MRF 3.5-10
day later.

The LWTOA3 14x is goes-8 vis, 15x is goes-8 IR and 21x is the goes-8 wv.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport