Re: RCM Data

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Chad Johnson wrote:

> Robb Kambic wrote:

> > > RCM products are coming across on NOAAPORT (here at Unisys) but I'm not
> > > seeing them at Purdue (IDD).  Maybe Robb's change for the NIDS data
> > > filtered out the RCM products as well.
> > >
> > > RCM products come in on SDUS40, SDUS41, SDUS42, SDUS43, SDUS44, SDUS45,
> > > SDXX99, SDUS99.
> > >
> > Hiya,
> >
> > oops, the filter was too stringent to let the above products into the IDD.
> > It must be a weekend brain lapse on RE.  Here's the new filter that lets
> > the SD.... products into the IDD.

request WMO
    "(^[A-RT-Z])|(^S[^D])|(SD..[0-8])|SD..(90|91|92|93|94|95|96|98|99)"
    nport.alden.com

> > The filter has been installed on thelma so only SSEC and NCAR need to
> > apply the filter. No other sites need to install the filter.
>
> Maybe I'm having a Monday morning brain lapse. What exactly do I need to
> change
> to install the filter. I thought you could only filter what comes out of the
> product queue, not what goes in.

Actually that's true.  I thought allows permitted patterns also, but they
don't. So it only works for request statements. I guess change your
request to nport.alden.com(above) and any local machines. If there are any
other IDD sites feeding from dusk, they would have to change their request
statements also.

Robb...