Re: NOAAPort receivers and the idd

On Tue, 18 May 1999, William Noon wrote:

> Robb -- Yep, the deadline for the grant snuck up on me and now I am
> scrambling to come up with a budget and proposal.  If you have a budget
> for a NOAAPort installation sitting around, I would _really_ appreciate
> it.
>
> Denise at SSEC sent me a quick note about their system but is out with
> a sick child today.  She will be checking on a 'unidata discount' and
> a list of parts manufacturers for the rest of the signal chain when she
> gets back in the office.

Bill,

Here's the scoop that I found.  The SSEC system, includes box, board and
wires with Unidata discount is $9600.  One would also need a demodulator
for the system, $2500, plus the dish.  I believe you already have the
dish, right.  That's about it.   Joanne Graham is please to hear that you
are doing the grant.

RObb...