19990525: data stream

>From: Tom Priddy <address@hidden>

>From:  Tom Priddy
>
>I noticed  a note from NWS about certain graphical items being
>added to noaaport.  The new maps on noaaport are:
>RBG9MH      PPTQ98 KWNH
>RBG9NH      PPTR98 KWNH
>
>Are these available to us on the ldm?
>
>Thanks for your help./ktp
>
>--
>Tom Priddy                                address@hidden
>Extension Ag. Meteorologist          ph:  606-257-3000ext245
>Ag. Weather Center                  fax:  606-257-5671
>243 Ag. Engineering Bldg
>Dept. of Biosystems and Ag. Engr.
>University of Kentucky
>Lexington, KY 40546-0276
>HOMEPAGE   http://wwwagwx.ca.uky.edu

Tom,

These files are on the NOAAPort data stream that you receive,
however they are in RedBook graphics format and we don't have
a viewer at this time in out supported software. The NWS uses the
products in their afos terminal.

The WMO headers beginning with "P" , as in PPTQ98 KWNH above,
are the redbook graphics products.

It may be possible to adapt the Gempak $NAWIPS/nprogs/afos
viewer program to RedBook format in the next major release
of Gempak- still uncertain when NCEP will give it to us.

Steve Chiswell