RE: Info and a Question... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:05:24 -0600
From: Ben Domenico <address@hidden>
To: Daryl Herzmann <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: Info and a Question...

Daryl,

I'm not sure I understand your question.  The way the IDD works, you
would simply make arrangements within your department to have an IDD
feed from the machine there (whether you can stand IRIX or not) into the
machine you want to work with.  It doesn't make sense to have multiple
feeds of the same datastreams going into ISU from the outside.  In other
words, this is an internal matter within your department.  Are there
difficulties getting approval from the department people who run the IDD
there.  If so, I guess we'd have to be pretty careful about setting up
an arrangement which skirts their concerns and doubles the bandwidth
taken up by the datafeeds into ISU.

On the other hand, if they approve of the work, then have the main ISU
IDD machine feed the one you want to work on.

Also I'm wondering if Katy Ginger has contacted you about participating
in her work on indexing the education materials on your web servers.
She and I just redid the indexing system at PAGE and it appears that it
may not be indexing as much as it could from ISU.  When you get a
chance, please take a look at it http://danny.page.ucar.edu:9020.
Thanks.

It's good to hear from you again.  I hope this helps.

--Ben
   Ben Domenico                Unidata Deputy Director
   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu           P.O. Box 3000
   address@hidden              Boulder, CO 80307
   (303)497-8631                    FAX: (303)497-8690