Re: 19990719: IARC Access to Unidata

Hello Ken,

--On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 10:19 AM -0600 Unidata Support
<address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

As you mentioned above, the Alaska SAR Facility is already part of the Unidata
community and Internet Data Distribution (IDD) configuration.  Our policy is to
try to encourage groups within the same building or campus to use one site to
obtain the IDD data streams and to redistribute within their campus or
building.

A consideration might be to discuss this with the Alaska SAR Facility contact,
to see if their site would be willing to relinguish the responsibility of the
IDD management to your site.  Contact information is:

Rick Guritz
address@hidden
907-474-7803

After you have discussed this, and if you decide to pursue it further, there
are certain responsibilities that go along with IDD administration.  You would
need to contact:

address@hidden

Support will provide the information necessary to make the change.  There are
on-line resources that would be advantageous for you to check, including a
Web-based site manager's guide, at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/index.html

It is important to draw your attention to the data policy for Unidata sites at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/data_usage.html

-----With a sponsor in Japan, this policy should be reviewed very carefully
because it has international data exchange implications that need to be
followed-----  See:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/oso/addata.shtml

Finally, do you have a Web site where we can learn more about your project?
The type of data you describe and your archive could be valuable to others in
the Unidata community of users.

Linda

> Thank you,  Ken Dean
>

> ------- End of Forwarded Message