Re: connect second server

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Bryan G. White wrote:

> Thru much suffering, I've found out that ldm does not support alias hostnames.

Bryan,

The ldm does support aliases, but your dns has to be configured
correctly to use them. On a solaris machine the file /etc/nsswitch.conf
and /etc/hosts need to be configured correctly.

> Therefore could you switch ldm.met.utah.edu to teewinot.met.utah.edu

There would be a major overhead at this point to change the hostname so
it's still entered as ldm.met.utah.edu.

> Thanks,
>

> Bryan White
>

> > On Tue, 16 Aug 1999, Robb Kambic wrote:
> >
> > The host ldm.met.utah.edu is now permitted to receive model data from host
> > flip.unidata.ucar.edu using feedtype  NCM2|SPARE

I mistyped the feedtypes it's  NMC2|SPARE

Try again after checking the dns.

Robb....