Re: 19990930: Installing LDM on OSF/1

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Erick,

There shouldn't be that many lines in ldmd.conf that are uncommented, all
the lines starting with a # are comments.  Try commenting out the exec
pqact line as a starting point, many times that's the culprit.

> 1.  One of the messages in the ldmd.log file is that typhoon rejected
>     my request.  Is this enough to make it hang?

Noop

> 2.  I sent the required information to address@hidden.
>     Does this constitute a request for access by a given client or
>     is this just a way to find out who to use as a server?

Actually ucdavis already has a server ucla. The server
machine at ucla needs to have an allow statement in the ldmd.conf added
so your new machine can be allowed to receive data.  That's why the a
message was sent so you could contact Devin Kramer.

> 3.  I installed ldm in /usr/local/ldm and the ldmadmin file
>     defines $ldmhome as /usr/local/ldm but several error messages
>     in the ldmd.log file refer to not being able to find various
>     files in the path /local/ldm/....
>
>     I eliminated some of these messages by creating a symbolic link
>             /local --> /usr/local
>     but I think that is a kludge.

You installed the ldm in the correct directory /usr/local/ldm, it might be
a link problem when I build the binary here.  The linking is done on many
systems that have hard coded directory problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

Robb...