Re: LDM feed

Matt,

This appears to be a DNS problem.. Here is what I get for
eddy.ncacm.nevada.edu

/home/ldm/etc> nslookup eddy.ncacm.nevada.edu
Server:  cisk.atmos.ucla.edu
Address:  128.97.77.166

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    nts-06.lv-bhs.nevada.edu
Address:  131.216.72.35
Aliases:  eddy.ncacm.nevada.edu

and here is the error in my ldm log file:

ldmd.log.2:Jun 19 22:19:14 typhoon rpc.ldmd[8970]: Denying connection
from nts-06.lv-bhs.nevada.edu

So it appears that ldm does not care about the Alias it assumes you are
connecting from the nts..... address for which I do not have an allow
entry.
I will try to circumvent this by putting in an allow with your numeric
IP and see if that works for you.

Devin

Programmer Analyst    Department of Atmospheric Science
University of California Los Angeles
PH:(310)825-2418 FAX:(310)206-5219
http://www.atmos.ucla.edu/geninfo/comp/how_to.html