Re: Alden finality? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:45:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: Arthur A. Person <address@hidden>
To: Jim Koermer <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Alden finality?

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Jim Koermer wrote:

> Our ku-band DIFAX from Alden seemed to stay around a bit longer, but
> things may have come to their final end around 09/2000Z. We haven't
> received anything since that time and the receiver is showing no signal.
> Is anyone else still receiving Alden DIFAX through ku-band?

Our Ku-band seems to have signal (the light flashes) and the authorization
light is green, but no chart headers/trailers appear to come out.  Data is
coming out, but I'm wondering if it's just noise, i.e., maybe the phone
company disconnected their feed from NWS and we're just seeing noise from
an open wire.  The last chart we started to receive was #201 for Oct 9,
2000.  RIP?

                                             Art.

Arthur A. Person
Research Assistant, System Administrator
Penn State Department of Meteorology
email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563