Re: Increased max hourly rate of NEXRAD data

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Robb Kambic wrote:
> >
> > Anne,
> >
> > The top level sites need to install the -5 option all at once or the many
> > sites will get duplicate products. That could be a disaster for many sites
> > on the IDD.  The file ~ftp/pub/idd/ldmstats/latency.input.1 has the LDM
> > version number at the beginning of the lines. Check the ingest sites
> > sunshine.ssec...  datoo...  ingestor.wunderground...  desi is running the
> > 5.1.2 version.  I don't remember the current status at this time.
> >

> Aren't they all getting duplicates now anyway with the -5 option not in use?

Anne,

The sites are getting some duplicates now inside the stream becasue the
same products are being sent with different sequence numbers. If some
ingest use the -5 and some don't then the "complete" streams will become
different an be sent twice.  ie some with the md5 on the sequence number
and some without md5 on the sequence number.

Robb...