20001208: pqact line for RUC data

>From: address@hidden (Celia Chen)

>I would like to archive RUC data with yyyymmddhh on the
>file/dir name.  I checked the idd support email archive but
>didn't find any info on how to do so. I am currently using
>the following line in my pqact.conf to capture the ruc data,
>which only gives me the day and hour info:
>
>HDS     ^[YZ]..... KWB. ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9]).*/mRUC FILE
>
>Please help.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Celia
>
>--
>Celia Chen
>RAP/NCAR

Celia,
Using the above pqact line, you can FILE the data using:

        FILE    path.../(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1\2_ruc.grib

The WMO header only provides the day, hour and minute as you mentioned.
The LDM uses the current system clock with the :yyyy and :mm macros
to figure out what the year and month should be given the day of the data.
The above should work fine with realtime feeds where the system clock
represents the time period around the date where the data is ingested.

Steve Chiswell