20010112: RedBook graphics format documentation

>From: "Chad W. Johnson" <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>I've been looking high and low this afternoon, attempting to find some
>documentation on the redbook graphics format the NWS uses for distributing som
>graphics products via Noaaport. I was wondering if anybody at Unidata might kn
> ow
>where I can find this information.
>
>Thanks
>
>-Chad
>
>--
>Chad W. Johnson                Email: address@hidden
>Programmer/Meteorologist       Phone: 608 274 5789
>Weather Central, Inc             Fax: 608 273 5854
>Madison, WI 53719

Chad,

The primary data format is described in the OFCM publication on:
Standard Formats for Weather Data Exchange Among Automated Weather
Information Systems (FCM-S2-1994). http://www.ofcm.gov/homepage/text/pubs.htm.
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/software/index.html.

Examples of REDBOOK products from GEMPAK are at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/redbook/

Steve Chiswell