20010131: ETA model data

Jason,

You can use a separate pqact FILE action for each forecast hour keying
on the WMO header from the IDD. See table A.3  (in Sect5 of the grib
documentation at: ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/nws/nmc/docs/gribed1/)

The table mentioned above shows the relationship between the A(2) character
of the WMO header and the forecast hour of the the data.

You can create pqact.conf FILE actions such as:
^Y.RA KWBE ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        FILE    eta40grb.(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1\2f000
^Z.RB KWBE ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        FILE    eta40grb.(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1\2f003
^Y.RB KWBE ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        FILE    eta40grb.(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1\2f006
^Y.RC KWBE ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        FILE    eta40grb.(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1\2f012
etc.

Here is the forecast hour/WMO header pattern for ETA on grid 212
currently on NOAAPORT:

F000/ Y.RA
F003/ Z.RB
F006/ Y.RB