20010315: decoder termination

>From: Ted Jackson <address@hidden>

>My /usr/nws disk filled up last night.  I stopped ldm, remade the queues,
>restarted ldm, rebooted the machine, did 'ldmadmin scour', and I still get
>the following on my console:
>
>inwrite: off end of record
>*** Execution Terminated (110) ***
>
>???
>Ted Jackson  -  Sysadm
>Sci. Sys. & Apps., Inc.
>301-614-6288

Ted,

That looks like a Fortran program message. Possibly from a decoder.
Are you running Gempak or MciDAS decoders? If so, when the disk
filled up, you probably have some zero length (corrupt) output files.

Now, when your pqact is trying to spawn a decoder, it sees that the file
exists, but can't write to it.

You can probably do a "ls -lR" from the top of your data directory
to look for zero length output files. Remove them and the decoder will
create a new one as needed.

If you have any "core" files in ~ldm, use the "file" command to determine
what decoder is having trouble...that is usually a good tip off as to
where the corrupt file is.

Steve CHiswell