Re: 20010410: NEXRAD feed routing

>To: address@hidden
>From: Clint Rowe <address@hidden>
>Subject: OU network problems

Hi Clint,

> We get our radar data (minus floaters) from Oklahoma.
>
> Are there plans to develop failover plans for radar data or are we all
> going to act a free agents when our radar feed has problems.  This doesn't
> sound like an easy one, given how much time was spent to develop a scenario
> where everyone is no farther down than second tier for radar.

We may develop a failover topology, but for now you can just pick any
feed you like from the first-tier sites at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/nexrad.feed.html

I think we set them all up to feed promiscuously to *.edu sites, so
you shouldn't have to convince any of them to reconfigure their ldm
for you ...

--Russ