20010413: AMDAR data on NOAAPORT

Celia,

GEMPAK decodes the in-situ aircraft observations (including AMDARS) from
the NWSTG NOAAPORT data stream using the dcacft decoder. The data is decoded
into a ship format GEMPAK file. The LDM pattern action from the GEMPAK decoders
web page examples looks like:

# Decoder for Aircraft Observations
WMO     (^U[ABDR].... ....|^XRXX84 KAWN|^YIXX84 KAWN) ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        PIPE    dcacft data/gempak/acft/YYYYMMDDHH_acf.gem

In regards to the FSL NetCDF data stream, you will find that every 10 minutes,
FSL sends all observations collected over the previous hour. As a result, the
FSL files contain a 1 hour window of data, with duplication of observations
sent in the previous 5 data files as well as new data which they processed
since the previous file was transmitted.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support