Re: Problems at Cornell

William Noon wrote:
Since yesterday at 10:15 ET, I have been having a problem with getting
timely and complete data from the IDD.

To those feeding from Cornell, you shoud failover to your backup until
this is fixed.

We had a network outage from 10:15 - 11:00 and after that I was unable to
get the expected rush of buffered data.  Data came in in little bursts
of a few minutes, just catching the hour's delay limit.

I have restarted the ldm process and rebuilt the queue.

I have tried all the alternate top-level feeds, looking at the compiled
stats, I don't think other sites are seeing the same problem.

The logs don't indicate any connection or processing problems.  Network
connectivity is fine.  The ldm host is running at much lower usage since
there simply isn't that many products to process.

I will try disabling the individual feeds to see if that isolates the
problem.  BTW, I am running v. 5.1.2.

--Bill Noon
Northeast Regional Climate Center
Cornell University

Hi Bill,

From your message I assume that even though the network went down your machine and your LDM stayed up, is that right?

Do you have the logs from that time period?  If so, please let me see them.

Also, check your system clock - if the date got messed up it might be requesting the wrong time period.

Let's take this off line.

Anne

Anne Wilson                     UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307
Unidata WWW server       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/