20010521: 20010516: NMC2 down?

Art,

GSFC did restart their LDM on the 17th and we have been seeing NMC2
data since then. (there have been periodic router reconfigurations
announced at the NWS that affect delivery of data to the internal NWS computer).
You should be seeing the data.

At the present time, CONDUIT is reliant on a T-1 line from NWS to GSFC to
get the data out via the LDM. We have been waiting for NWS to get connected
to NGI (internet 2) so that we can eliminate the T-1 bottleneck.

As you know, the AVN alone exceeds 600MB per hour, which is more than
a T-1 capacity. We're hoping that the service will be more reliable
and timely when they get connected to the Internet and can have multiple
top level relays, instead of the 1 point of failure we have now.

Also, I am storing the last 3 days of data that arrives at motherlode:
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?raw/conduit
including the .status files:
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?raw/conduit/status/u/ftp/gateway

Steve Chiswell