20010726: Radar mosaics on FNEXRAD feed

Gilbert,

The mosaics are GRIB format (eg data on a grid) from the GEMPAK
products I am generating at:
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/unidata/images/nids/gdradr.html
There are no restrictions.

I insert them as GRIB format so that other packages than GEMPAK can
use them. They are created from the NEXRAD products on NOAAPORT
roughly every 6 minutes. The national product is about 6km. The
regional is about .9km. The regional product will be a floater
that gets moved around. You can generate your own mosaics with
GEMPAK or WXP...but thse will give many sites a change that don't have
the power or bandwidth to receive all the NEXRAD data cia IDD.

Of course, we're busy preparing for workshops right now, so I haven't
had time to prepare announcements yet.

The details are that the GRID messages are:
center id = 60 (eg ncar)
subcenter id = 1 (since I create tham, I can call unidata #1!)
model number = 1 for national, 2 for regional

The grid is self described as #255.

The parameter I am gridding is the N0R NEXRAD product, and identifying this
as parameter #201 (for the center and subcenter above).

Of course GEMPAK has no trouble decoding this in the same way all the
other model grib data arrives. I'm sure that Dan can probably tell
you what you need for WXP to identify these GRIB products.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support