Re: 20010816: ldm outage

Mike Voss wrote:

> Steve.
> Thanks for the quick response.....
> Ok, I see my error with notifyme, it turns out "-f WMO" gives me nothing
> anyway because of the latency issue. I think I used it with no -f in the
> first place and that gave me nothing which had me confused.
>
> Something I learned (and maybe this is obvious) is that the ldmfail script
> didn't help me out in this case because it sees that the connection to
> typhoon is fine. So, I'm really at the mercy of my upstream site in this
> instance. :-)
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

Just to throw in my $.02...

Yes, ldmfail won't help you at all with this situation.  ldmfail only
does an ldmping to the upstream host to determine whether the ldm is
alive.  In no way can it determine latencies.

From a subsequent message, it looks like James is getting things sorted
out on his end.  I'll be away from my email next week, as will Steve
Chiswell.  If you have any further problems send an email to
support@unidata.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307