20010912: LDM problems with ARM Suominet geodetic data (cont.)

>From: Ron Reed <address@hidden>

Ron,

>I have followed the setup of LDM from the website and I am seeing tons of
>pqact: child[PID#]: exited with status 1, and nothing in the log.

If you are seeing nothing in the LDM log file, it means that system logging
has not been setup correctly.

>I do not know what to do now.

There are probably two different problems here:

o your /etc/syslog.conf setup for LDM logging is not correct (remember
  that this setup has to be done by 'root'; white spaces are tabs in this
  file; and a HUP needs to be sent to syslogd to tell it to reread
  syslog.conf settings)

o the process that pqact is trying to run (i.e., the object of a PIPE
  directive in pqact.conf) is not executable by the user running the
  LDM, or the action that is being run by pqact is not able to write
  to the directory specified in the pqact.conf entry

Try checking these two possibilties out and let me know if you still
have problems.

Tom Yoksas