20011126: NRS issues.

>From: "Stonie R. Cooper" <address@hidden>

Stonie,

I just wanted to send along our thanks for your offer to help
troubleshoot - however much you can - the NOAAPORT ingest problem that
was experienced by the Unidata IDD last Saturday.  This kind of
community spirit is exactly what Unidata has always been about.  We are
always delighted when commercial concerns like PDI, Unisys, and others
pitch in to help the Unidata educational and research communities!

We are looking into the cause of the hiccup experienced by the
NOAAPORT ingest systems that power the IDD.  We will inform the
community when we fully understand what transpired.

Once again, thanks for your community mindedness!

>I looked through our logs; there were no signal issues at our receive station
>at the time reported on Saturday, or this morning.  There had been slight
>issues with the signal leading up to last Wednesday . . . but NCF evidently
>resolved by adding power to the transmit.
>
>I realize UNIDATA and you both have an "alternative" NRS, but we will be glad
>to assist in any reasonable way to help you determine the cause of the
>problem with the SDI based system.  From emails, Unisys NRS's are not seeing
>the same . . .  at least it doesn't manifest itself in a shutdown.  We are
>also not seeing any problems . . . no errors, or any kind (CRC, illegal frame
>size, etc.) were generated at the times the SDI based system stopped.
>--
>Stonie R. Cooper,
>Science Officer
>Planetary Data, Incorporated
>3495 Liberty Road
>Villa Rica, Georgia  30180
>ph. (770) 456-0700; pg. (888) 974-5017; fx. (770) 459-0016

Tom Yoksas