Re: Itta.rap.ucar.edu problems?

Hi Gilbert,

Generally, iita and all other internal UCAR sites feed from thelma and
thelma feeds UCAR sites exclusively.

iita.rap can feed directly from the dish some feeds, but for the most part
if motherlode is down so will iita.

I checked iita's ldmd.conf and you are still allowed with weather, just
not weather3.

I also checked the logs and saw your error from weather3, but also saw
your connect (valid) from weather.

We REALLY do not like to feed external sites from UCAR as some of the data
we push is propriatary and could cause issues. However, it appears as if
all is in order for your allow off iita.rap

This weekend was problematic, but also anomolous. It appears now as if
some product was corrupted causing the SDI ingestors to all go down.....we
have never seen this before and are working to diagnose the problem.

We do not have any problems with ad hoc routing, as it often does keep the
data flowing, but we do get a bit careful when it involves other UCAR
machines...

Thank you,

-Jeff