20020212: ruc datasets

Mike,

RUC is delivered hourly on NOAAPORT in both 236 and 211 grids.
That is the IDD data source.

In the 236 grids, you will find:
WXTR, WXTZ, WXTP, WXTS for precipitation type.
Note that the type masks are missing values for F000.

You will also find SNDM for snow depth. If you use the default
dcgrib2 pattern I provided in the GEMPAK decoder actions,
you would automatically decode the RUC236 grids to
YYYYMMDDHH_ruc236.gem. The datatype.tbl template
accesses this grid as "ruc2".

Otherwise, you can use the pqact.conf pattern:

^[YZ].W... KWBG

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support