Role of thelma is changing

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: address@hidden
Subject: Role of thelma is changing
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:34:28 -0700
From: Russ Rew <address@hidden>

Hi Celia,

This note is to let you know about

 - a change in the role of the thelma.ucar.edu machine in the
   Internet Data Distribution system, and

 - a change in the way we would like to administer thelma in the
   future.

Since we have just finished a substantial upgrade to the machine that
was known as thelma, we've decided to use it to take over much of
motherlode's role in relaying data for the IDD.  We will also
configure motherlode and thelma to back each other up, in case either
machine crashes or becomes unavailable for other reasons.  With this
change in the role of thelma in the IDD, it is more appropriate that
Unidata have complete responsibility for its administration.

The good news is that you won't have to make any changes to the LDM
configuration on thelma in the future.  If you need any configuration
changes, you can just email them to address@hidden (or
address@hidden, but that might take longer to act on).  The
bad news is that you won't *get* to administer thelma's LDM
configuration, because we are assuming that responsibility completely.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.  And thanks
for all your help in administering thelma in the past!

- --Russ

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy