Re: 20020320: 20020316: thelma users notice

Hi Chris,

Hope all is well in sunny FLA.

It does not appear as if pluto is getting the floater..

Motherlode is reserved for top tier sites that will be relaying data, and
primarily for the Western US, we have other ingest sites (LSU, NSF, UMICH)
for the Eastern US, and given the unstable nature of motherlode of late, I
think we can hook you up better. Also, we at Unidata are experimenting
with a 1km Nat'l mosaic, that "theoretically" would eliminate the need for
a floater at all as you could zoom to wherever you wanted on the nat'l
mosaic. I have seen the product and it is quite nice.

This product will be ready for prime time in about 2-3 weeks.

I am more than happy to find a site for you to feed NMC3 [FNEXRAD], during
the interim, I know you will be happy with the 1km nat'l mosaic and will
be happy to replace the floater once you see it!

I am hoping to be skiing tomorrow, so unless I get in contact with someone
tonight, it will probably have to wait until Friday...hope that works for
you.

(jweber) laraine:/home/jweber 49 % notifyme -vl - -h pluto.met.fsu.edu -f
NMC3 -o 36000
Mar 20 22:44:52 notifyme[7773]: Starting Up: pluto.met.fsu.edu:
20020320124452.955 TS_ENDT {{NMC3,  ".*"}}
Mar 20 22:44:53 notifyme[7773]: NOTIFYME(pluto.met.fsu.edu): OK
^CMar 20 22:45:07 notifyme[7773]: Interrupt
Mar 20 22:45:07 notifyme[7773]: exiting
(jweber) laraine:/home/jweber 50 %

Thank you,

-Jeff