Re: 20020326: NMC2 feed

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Unidata Support wrote:

> There seems to be a confusion with your machine name
> "ingest.joss.ucar.edu" and "torrent-fddi.joss.ucar.edu".
> You are showing up as the ip alias "ingest" on motherlode.
> The allow lines on motherlode are:
>
> *.joss.ucar.edu NMC2
> torrent-fddi.jos.ucar.edu UNIDATA|FNEXRAD|FSL2
>
> when ingest connects, it only matches the NMC2, and not the other
> feeds, so you are getting the reclass message to just NMC2 from
> your request of FSL2|WMO and NMC2.
>
> You should be able to get the NMC2, but are reclassing on the other
> part of the request. I will change the allow line to expect
> both torrent-fddi as well as ingest for all data.

torrent-fddi should be an obsolete name for our LDM machine; but in any
case, we would definitely like to have equivalent permissions on thelma and
motherlode, to facilitate failover in the future.

Thank you!

> The preference would be to get NMC2 from thelma anyhow, but some
> messages being sent out about idd up/down are confusing the issue.

Just so.

--
Mark Bradford, Systems Administrator  <> address@hidden
UCAR Joint Office for Science Support <> (303) 497-8169