Re: 20020711: NIDS IDD failover?

Hi Neil,

No we have not set-up a failover topology for NNEXRAD.

What we did "in theory" was to have ALL top level feed sites place an
allow for *.edu for the NNEXRAD feed, so you could failover to whoever you
choose at the time. Unfortunately, some sites have removed the *.edu allow
(ergh) but most have left it in.

So please see:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/nexradFeed.html

The first level routing machines are the ones to test and are bold and
italicized.

and perform a notifyme -vl -  -h"remote hostname" -f NNEXRAD

to see if you are allowed..

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

-Jeff