Re: ldm feed

My primary feed is Arizona, but I have been feeding from your machine
recently. Since about Sunday (7-21) the HDS and MCIDAS data has been
inconsistent...I believe because of latency issues. I've been trying to
figure out if my machine is not handling the load or what. When I do a
notifyme on aeolus I get the following:

----snip----

....which looks good. But when I add on a time, ie,:

---snip-----

..which tells me there is data over three hours old in your queue, maybe
that is on purpose.

Anyway, I just though I would check and see if all your data is coming in
in a timely manner?

Well, I don't check it that close, so I can't say for sure. But, I don't think so.

To keep track of whether or not my system is running properly, I have a script that runs three times an hour. It checks to see how large the current hour's METAR file is. If it isn't greater than or equal to a specified value (based on past experience), it sends me a nagging email asking me to check things out.

If the file is small, it also checks to see how long it's been since the file was last updated. If it's been more than five minutes, it sends a page to my cell phone. Nag, nag, nag. (I do search and rescue, so my cell phone and I are seldom separated for very long.)

It's sent me email a couple of times in the last week, but has never paged me. Of course, that's the METARs and not HDS or MCIDAS.

Larry

-----===(* Climate's what we expect, but weather's what we get. *)===----- Larry Riddle : Climate Research Division : Scripps Institution of Oceanography
      University of California, San Diego : La Jolla, California  92093-0224
      Phone: (858) 534-1869 : Fax: (858) 534-8561 : E-Mail: address@hidden