20020808: IDD Status on Plaza

Missing out on all of the previous conversation so I'll surely ignore all
previous conversations.

Once sites have upgraded their LDM's to LDM 5.2 and have started sending in
real-time stats using the rtstats program (described in the LDM 5.2 release
notes Russ put together, and in my IIPS presentation at AMS in Orlando),
then we will be able to create up to date depictions of the IDD
topology and individual site performance as shown currently at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/latency/stats

The old topology graphs I am creating from the mailed in stats
are still available (there is a viscocity of about 2 days in
the logs you mail in by cron):
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/latency/

Once we have enough sites sending the real time stats, we can
start producing up to the minute topologies since your upstream
host will be identified for every product you receive.

So here is the puch to get all UserComm members to get rtstats up
and running once they upgrade their LDM.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support