Re: 20020827: Changing IP numbers (fwd)

Hi Patrick,

You should look into your ldmd.conf file and notify everyone that either
feeds from you, or you feed from. If you know the exact date and time of
the switch, it would be useful to include that information, if it is
impending, you may desire to send out the notice so they are aware of the
future change to come and can prepare by either the final word from you
when you know it is going to switch.. Will the name stay the same?

If so DNS will pick it up and propogate it quickly throughout the network,
generally less than a day, but if the name of the machine is changing as
well it is VERY important to coordinate with all your feeds and hosts.

Some sites may be requesting solely by IP, or feeding solely by IP so it
is in everyones best interest to have as much info and lead time..

If you need contact info for these sites check:

http://unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/sitelist.html

It should be current....but only as good as the info I get from the sites
:)

Thanks for the update!

Keep us posted,

-Jeff
COMET Case Study Library                      FX:303-497-8690