From address@hidden Fri Sep  6 11:23:42 2002
From: Mike Voss <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: LDM - "can't contact portmapper"

Larry,

Thanks for getting back to me on this, I hope your wife is doing well.

On a related matter, and this may or may not have anything to do with
your network, last night for about 12 hours my LDM was out with the
following message in the log file. In looking at the support archives
it appears that recently these messages are due to various firewall
implementations of "Packetshapper" software. I contacted my network
folks and they assured me that "packetshapper" is not running, and
nothing of the sort. So, I thought I would check with you to see if
anything like this is being implemented at UCSD.