20021112: national radar mosaic missing?

>From:  David Knight <address@hidden>

David,

Earlier today you wrote:

>We haven't recieved a national radar mosaic since
>11/9/02 16z. In fact there appears to me no NMC3 data flowing.

The products have been flowing through the IDD to a variety of sites
that I have access to.  What is your upstream feed host for FNEXRAD?
Did you do a notifyme to your upstream feed site:

notifyme -vxl- -o 3600 -f FNEXRAD -h your_upstream_hosts_name

>BTW. Where do these products originate?

They are created on motherlode.ucar.edu and injected into the IDD
FNEXRAD feed there also.

>Could this be related
>to the SSEC power outage - the timing seems about right.

It shouldn't since they are created by the UPC.

>Is this a national problem, or, a local problem we didn't notice?

Given then numbers of people that noted they were having problems, it
was evidently not a local one.

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Nov 12 14:13:12 2002
>Subject: Re: 20021112: national radar mosaic missing?

Hi Tom,
     The problem is resolved now. Thanks.

I usually feed fnexrad from uiuc, with a failover of cornell.
I did a notifyme of both these upstream sites, and they were not getting the
data either. When SSEC recreated the product queues, and restarted
the ldm on sunshine, the data started flowing again...
I guess both uiuc and cornell get their feed from ssec,
which cuts down on the redundency of our feed.

Thanks for the follow up.
David