20030102: DDPLUS|HDS dragging...

>From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>

Hi Art,

>I'm noticing that DDPLUS|HDS transmissions to Penn State seem to be
>dragging about 45 minutes behind insertion time... it's even running
>behind the NMC2 insertion feed times by ~15 minutes, which seems unusual.

Yes, this is unusual.

>Is there anything causing this delay on the thelma (or above) end of
>things?

There doesn't seem to be.  thelma is feeding our machine in the ATM
offices of NSF, and the latencies for all feeds there are on the order
of a few seconds at most.  thelma is also feeding IDS|DDPLUS data to a
machine at the University of Rio DeJanerio in Brazil.  The latencies it
is seeing are also on the order of a few seconds, so I am pretty
confident that the problem you are seeing is not a result of something
on thelma or in our local networks.

>Other clues...?

I would have to guess that there is some networking strangeness on your
end.   What this might be, I can't say.  We will keep an eye on
things here to rule out things local to us.

Tom