20030222: setting up LDM for first time

Matt,

The good news is that UNCA already has an LDM up and running, receiving data
on storm2.atms.unca.edu. This server is receiving most of the standard data
feeds with the exception of the NNEXRAD (level III nexrad data) feed. Most
likely that would be your best bet for your upstream data host. Unidata support
is always available to your institution to help you organize your data feeds and
software packages. If your department wants to update your feed sources etc,
just send an email to address@hidden. When a site is running
more than 1 LDM host, the best way to conserve bandwidth is not to duplicate
streams into the University, and relay the data among LDM hosts within
your institution. The GEMPAK distribution is available with Linux binaries, and
pqact.conf actions are provided in the distribution.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support
address@hidden