20030308: St. Cloud State using nss.nts.umn.edu time server

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that waldo.stcloudstate.edu has been
configured to set its clock from nss.nts.umn.edu.

Thanks for the service!

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Sat Mar  8 09:57:41 2003
>Subject: Re: 20030308: St. Cloud State using nss.nts.umn.edu time server

Thanks for letting us know that you are using our time servers.

If you are a commercial entity, you should purchase this service from a
source that will guarantee a level of service.  The University of
Minnesota is providing a best effort service, which may move or be
eliminated at any time.

Our time clock is stratum 2, so you might be able to find a better
source.

Please also check for distance reasonability for your time source.  You
will be able to find the preferred source for time sync using the
traceroute command.