20030331: connection problems with atm and papagayo

>From: Clint Rowe <address@hidden>

Kevin and Clint,

re:

>The reason that your access was blocked is because your machine name changed
>from mkc-65-30-96-123.kc.rr.com to CPE-65-30-96-123.kc.rr.com and that was not
>in my ldmd.conf file.  I have both in there now, but you should check with
>your internet provider to find out if this change is "permanent" and to tell
>them to let you know when changes are made in the future.  I'm sure this is
>what is happening with the NSF site, as well.  (BTW 129.93.52.150 is papagayo's
>address).  You should contact Unidata about that site -- I seem to remember
>that they were pretty much handling the site for NSF at one time.  Talk to Tom
>Yoksas, perhaps.

Clint is absolutely correct.  In order to get you going again, I modified
atm's ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file to feed CPE-65-30-96-123.kc.rr.com.  Like
Clint said: if this address is not static, the feed will fail when
the address changes again.  One solution would be to allow all feed
requests from kc.rr.com, but that is not going to happen since it
would be inviting feed requests from everyone using rr.com in Kansas
City.

Tom

Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support