20030401: LDM-6 request setup on rossby.met.sjsu.edu

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi Mike,

I wanted to touch base with you on a couple of small things...

I was looking through the real time stats information that rossby is
sending back to rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu and notice a couple of things
that I wanted to bring to your attention:

- it appears that rossby's clock is slowly drifting

- you are requesting data for several feeds using the IP address of
  the upstream host

re: clock drift
Are you running ntpd or ntpdate to keep your clock set?  If not, you should
consder doing so.  If yes, I need to figure out why the latency baselines
are slowly increasing:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/rtstats/siteindex.shtml?rossby.met.sjsu.edu

re: requests to upstream feed sites
While using the IP address is perfectly OK, it does preclude the
current real time stats package from displaying differential latency
statistics.  If you changed your requests from IP to fully qualified
host name(s), we would be able to monitor the latency from your
upstream site to you right now.  If you don't we will have to wait for
Chiz to add reverse name lookups to his statistics processing
software.

From what I see, LDM-6 is working well on rossby.  Do you have anything
to report (e.g., higher CPU use, lower latencies, etc.)?

Tom