20030414: frost.wunderground.com going off-line (cont.)

>From: Jeff Masters <address@hidden>

Hi Jeff,

>frost is now permanently retired.
>
>berry.wunderground.com is feeding from our SDI box,
>ingestor.wunderground.com, which is now behind a firewall.

OK, sounds good.

>berry is running rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu, and will be our main
>IDD box for the forseeable future.Is there anything else I need to do for
>the stats for unidata?

We are receiving stats from berry.  You can review these at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/rtstats/siteindex.shtml?berry.wunderground.com

Since you are apparently using some feed names for feeds that are
"non-standard" (e.g., FSL2, FSL3, etc.), there could be a confusion for
other users and the IDD topology plotter as to what data they really
contain.  If it is true that you are using these feeds for internal use
only, I would recommend that you tailor your real time stats reporting
to exclude those feeds. This is easily done by editing your
~ldm/ldmd.conf file and adding the '-f' flag with standard feed names
to the 'exec' line for rtstats.  This change is not mandatory, but
it is desirable if your use of certain feed types is internal. The
reason is that we want the real time stats reports to represent the
IDD as is used among sites.

>Both berry and ingestor have 1 Gb queues and are running ldm 6.0.10 and
>6.0.2, respectively.

OK.

>We have two home-brew Linux boxes running our own version of pqing, but
>berry will not listen to those machines unless there is a failure of the
>the SDI box. The product checksums from our homebrew Linux boxes are
>frequently different from those from the SDI box, we have more work to do
>on the code to bring it into Unidata compliance.

OK, this is good to know.  Please drop us a note when you have tuned
up the MD5 checksum calculations, or if you want to talk about what
needs to be done.  Chiz will need to respond to you on that issue
since he is the one that did the work for our NOAAPORT ingest systems.

Tom

>From address@hidden Mon Apr 14 09:20:45 2003

I changed the rstats invokation to:

exec "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu -f WMO|NNEXRAD|DIFAX|FNEXRAD"

since I don't want the non-standard feeds for interanl use to junk up the
IDD.

Thanks,
Jeff
 Jeff Masters (address@hidden)                               (  )
 Chief Meteorologist                              /\ Home of the       (    )
 The Weather Underground, Inc.               /\  /  \  /\       /\    (      )
 300 N. Fifth Ave #240                      /  \/    \/  \ /\  /  \    ------
 Ann Arbor, MI 48104                 ______/              /  \/    \_   \\\\\
 734-994-8824                                   Weather Underground      \`\`\
                                            http://www.wunderground.com