20030514: request to upgrade to latest LDM release (second request)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

-- Second request --

Hi,

I am touching base with folks who we think are the appropriate contacts
at sites currently running LDM-6.0.2.  If you are not the appropriate
person for the following, please pass the request along to the
appropriate person if s/he is known to you, or let us know that we
should keep looking for the appropriate contact.

Sites still running LDM-6.0.2 and reporting real time statistics,

We would greatly appreciate all LDM-6.0.2 users upgrading to the latest
LDM release, LDM-6.0.11, so that we, in turn, can upgrade our real time
statistics machine to LDM-6.  Machines running versions of the LDM-6
previous to 6.0.10 will encounter severe problems (core dumps and LDM
exits) while reporting real time stats when we upgrade our rtstats
machine to LDM-6.  Since LDM-6 offers markedly better performance than
LDM-5, we are anxious to upgrade the last of our machines to LDM-6.

'hardlemon.wsicorp.com' is the last machine running an LDM-6 version
previous to 6.0.10 and reporting real time statistics.

If you will not be able to upgrade the LDM on hardlemon.wsicorp.com
from LDM-6.0.2 to LDM-6.0.11, please remove the 'exec  "rtstats ..."'
line from your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file as soon as possible and stop
and restart your LDM.

If 'hardlemon' does not get upgraded and the rtstats reporting is still
in place when we upgrade our rtstats.unidata machine to LDM-6 on
Friday, your LDM will stop running.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you in the
upgrade process.

Thanks in advance...

Tom Yoksas