20030619: LSU throttling HDS feed to ULM? (cont.)

>From: Robert Leche <address@hidden>

Bob,

>use the LDM password I gave you to log in to Seistan as root.

Thanks!

>The chains
>allow lines are fine and added. For testing, port 388 is opened. The ipchains
>commands are in place with one exception. The wild card specification on
>*.unidata.ucar.edu does not work in ipchains nor iptable (I think). So you
>will need a range of real ip's/hostnames to setup the wrappers. As 388 is
>open, this probably won't be an issue.
>
>Ldmd.conf was changed and LDM restarted.

Super.  I am now feeding HDS data from seistan to zero.unidata.ucar.edu
(a Sun here in the UPC offices).  We should be able to tell if
there is any throttling as the day progresses.

You can track the latency yourself at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/rtstats/siteindex.shtml?zero.unidata.ucar.edu

Click on the HDS 'latency' link in this page and wait for the time
series plot that will be displayed.  The plot will evolve as data comes
in and rtstats reports back to our rela time statistics server,
rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu (as I am writing this, there is only one point
in the plot).

Tom