20030701: LSU Network Meeting called

>From: Robert Leche <address@hidden>

Bob,

>We are having a meeting this afternoon with representatives of the LSU
>telecommunications department.

This is good.

>The plan is to  discuss the problems we have seen communicating with
>ULM. We will talk about the problems and the data we have collected.

I have said the following _many_ times over the past two and a half weeks:

*** the network problems being seen are NOT only to ULM, but to all sites ***
*** being fed by the LDM on the srcc.lsu.edu domanin                      ***

Please acknowledge that you understand that the networking problems
that have been seen are broader than just one from srcc.lsu.edu to
geos.ulm.edu.

>The hope is to get all the information "on the table",  to make the
>problem clear to all. And hopefully better understand the present
>situation from a larger perspective.

This is always a good thing to do.

> The time of the meeting will be 3:00PM central time. If  you can
>partake in this meeting (others at Unidata are welcome to take part in
>this),  email  your phone number,  so that  we may  place the conference
>call to you.

I will get back to you with a phone number where several of us can
participate.

Tom