20030904: 20030827: LDM-6 installation at UNCA (cont.)

Matt,

First off, here is some general information about what is
carried on NOAAPORT (eg the source of the data you are asking):

1) ETA is sent for 0-60 hours at 0Z and 12Z, and through 48 hours
   at 6Z and 18Z. You will not see any grids out to 84 hours on NOAAPORT
   for the ETA.

2) AVN Global thinned grids are sent for 0-72 hours, while certain other
   regional projections are available through 120 hours.

In gempak, you can see the AVN on the global thinned grids
in $MODEL/YYYYMMDDHH_thin.gem (which is aliased to "AVN" in
$GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl). For the CONUS region, you can view
AVN on the 80KM grid #211 through 120 hours in $MODEL/YYYYMMDDHH_avn211.gem
which is aliased to AVN211 in the configuration table. You can add
AVN211 to the $GEMTBL/nmap/mod_res.tbl entries as appropriate for various
products.

Steve Chiswell