20030929: request to upgrade your LDM from 6.0.10 to 6.0.14 (cont.)

>From: "Kevin W. Thomas" <address@hidden>

Hi Kevin,

>After a lot of pestering, I got my System Admin to install 6.0.14 on a system
>earlier today for testing purposes.

Will the new machine take over CONDUIT ingest duties that are now being
done by munchkin.caps.ou.edu?  We are trying to get all LDM-5 and
LDM-6.0.10/11 machines to stop requesting data from top level IDD relay
nodes (munchkin is running LDM-5 and it is requesting CONDUIT data from
thelma.ucar.edu, _the_ top IDD relay node in the US).

We are not to the point of denying LDM-5 connections to top level IDD
machines, but we may be forced to at some point in the future. I am
hoping that your new machine is a replacement for munchkin.  If it is not,
can munchkin's LDM be upgraded?

>I've run into one problem.  Program
>"dcmetr" likes to seg fault a lot, as in several times an hour.  Our version
>of GEMPAK is from 2002, so I'm hoping a GEMPAK software upgrade will fix the
>problem.  I've put in a request to your Admin people for the upgrade.

What is the OS of the new machine?

>       Kevin W. Thomas
>       Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
>       University of Oklahoma
>       Norman, Oklahoma
>       Email:  address@hidden

Cheers,