20031223: LDM contact at University of Michigan

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi Perry,

I am writing to request that the LDM server there be configured to allow
feeds from Western Michigan.  Here are the particulars:

Western Michigan LDM server

Name                 IP
s400.wood.wmich.edu  141.218.93.10

If you are passing this to a student who is unfamiliar with how to
allow a dowstream site to feed from you, the steps are:

<all done as the user running the LDM which is typically 'ldm'>

cd ~ldm/etc
vi ldmd.conf

- add the following line as the last uncomment allow line in the file:

allow   ANY-WSI-NLDN    ^[a-z].*\.wood.wmich.edu$

After making the modification, the LDM will need to be stopped and
restarted:

ldmadmin stop
ldmadmin start

It is important to make sure that the change went smoothly, so the
person making the change should also do:

ldmadmin tail

If s/he made a typo when adding the allow line, the error will be
reported in ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log and the LDM will not be running.  If
this occurs, s/he needs to find and fix the error and do the
'ldmadmin stop' and 'ldmadmin start' sequence again.

I assume that we should not be sending these kind of requests to you,
but we never were told who was taking over the LDM administration
responsibilities at the University of Michigan (you indicated that
it would be one or more students).  Any correction to the contact
information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas