20040119: Setting up and LDM on an AMRC machine at McMurdo?

>From: Matthew Lazzara <address@hidden>

Hi Matt,

Art Cayette and I talked about strategies to install an LDM somewhere
at McMurdo test movement of data to the ice and relay mesonet station
data back to Madison and Charleston.  He mused that we should get
you involved in this discussion, so I promised I would touch base.
Art should also be dropping you an note on this, so don't be suprised
when you get his note.

I proposed that, if nothing else, it would be an interesting test of
the LDM-6 to move data to and from McMurdo.  I am confident that this
kind of test would be very favorably viewed by NSF, so it would be
good for all of our groups to collaborate on such an installation.

Any quick thoughts from your perspecitve?