20040405: Help with Gempak Software

Leigh,

The LDM pqact entries I provide are available in the $NAWIPS/ldm directory
as described:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/GEMPAK5.7/configuration.html

For example, the upperair data (for NSHARP and other programs is
decoded using dcuair). These entries are tailored to the IDD streams
which we provide via LDM.

The decoders generally expect either FOS style or AFOS style product delimeters
for text products in the NOAAPORT data stream which we provide on the Unidata
IDD
ie, the NOAAPORT CCB must be stripped out and the product wrapped with the
appropriate start and end control characters (such as is done in our IDD feed
as
well as is available with the Planetary data (PDI) noaaport system).

You can also use the decoders on the command line to decode files.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support.