20040611: UFRJ Unidata IDD request (cont.)

>From: "Guilherme O. Chagas" <address@hidden>

Guilherme,

>I'm afraid that I couldn't explain quite well my proposition; actually, I'm
>studying at UFRJ (also working at the LPM lab, with David), and developing
>new projects at the Meteorology department of CEFET (a technical school which
>has a meteorology course). The LDM suite is being deployed at CEFET in order
>to increase the number of institutions using this data, and to allow its
>usage with GEMPAK in the classes held by this department.

OK, I understand now.

>The host meteoro.cefet-rj.br would be the first node on CEFET campus, and
>could also become a part of the IDD-Brazil, working as a data-ingestor,
>respecting its operational limits.

Excellent!

>According to your message, the machine solon.meteoro.ufrj.br is working as a
>top level node, therefore I should ask David to change its configuration in
>order to allow the communication with CEFET's host, right?

Yes.  If David can't help you, I will make the modification needed to
allow meteoro.cefet-rj.br to feed from solon.

>I hope I've made myself clear this time,

Yes, you are very clear.  I was confused by 'UFRJ' -- I was assuming
that this was on the same campus, which it is not.