20040625: redundant IDD requests

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

Hi Harry,

re: feeds on emo that may be redundant to thelma

>The currently line I have in those machines is:
>
>request NIMAGE          "^(sat|satz)/ch[0-9]/"  emo.unidata.ucar.edu

This pattern is essentially the same as:

request NIMAGE ".*" emo.unidata.ucar.edu

Your regular expression is essentially getting everything.

>Where should I feed NIMAGE from?

The "operational" machine is thelma.ucar.edu, so I recommend feeding
from it.  I would like you to limit the request to one UW machine and
then relay the data internally, however.

I see that freshair has the following feed requests on thelma:

- one request for all of NNEXRAD|FNEXRAD|FSL2|WMO
- CONDUIT feed request split 5 ways

Can you try adding NIMAGE to the NNEXRAD|FNEXRAD|FSL2|WMO request?

request NNEXRAD|FNEXRAD|FSL2|WMO|NIMAGE ".*" thelma.ucar.edu

We can then keep track of the realtime stats to make sure that this is
not too many feeds for a single requesting rpc.ldmd.  If it is (i.e.,
if we see latencies climb), I recommend splitting the request as
follows:

request NNEXRAD|FNEXRAD|FSL2 ".*" thelma.ucar.edu
request NIMAGE|WMO ".*" thelma.ucar.edu

Thanks for the help!

>From address@hidden  Fri Jun 25 17:05:27 2004

Done.